Holistic Health Evaluations
Do you want a holistic approach from your healthcare provider? Our Holistic Family Nurse Practitioners Martha Bray, FNP-BC, APRN, Megan Morgan, DNP, FNP-BC, APRN, and Shauna Bennee, DNP, FNP-C, APRN take the time to investigate and uncover what is causing the health problem in question.
How It Works
Based on the information obtained, they will help you determine which diet, lifestyle, supplements, therapies and environmental treatments could help you. Our Holistic practitioners look at the Whole Body including the spiritual, emotional and energetic aspects, not just the parts of you that seem to be going bad.
Conventional Medicine is the medicine of WHAT. What disease you have determines what pill to take.
With Holistic medicine, we ask “Why.” Why is the body developing a disease, and what is at the root of it. Why are these symptoms manifesting? Why? Why? Why?
Some health challenges are easy to understand and treat the cause, while others make a detective out of your doctors. For example, a broken bone obviously needs setting and casting. Pain from tight muscles can be relieved by stretching, massage, or other manual therapies. Fatigue from lack of sleep needs a schedule and commitment to rest. In situations like these, the root cause of your pain is obvious, and the treatment plan is fairly straightforward. Unfortunately, not every ailment is so easy to treat or pinpoint what is wrong.
Ultimately, dis-ease can be viewed through these core concepts:
The Two Most Important Questions:
- Do I need to get rid of something, such as toxins, infections, stress, or a poor diet?
- Do I have some unmet individual need that must be corrected to improve function, such as nutrients, water, sleep, movement, social connection, meaning or purpose?
Five Causes of Illness:
- Toxins (biological, elemental, synthetic)
- Allergens & Intolerances (food, mold, dust, pollens, chemicals)
- Microbes (bacteria, yeast, parasites, worms, etc)
- Stress (physical or emotional)
- Poor Diet (nutrient deficiencies, toxicitiy)
Eight Core Physiological Systems and Imbalances
- Digestion, Absorption and Gut Imbalances
- Hormonal and Neurochemical Imbalances
- Immune and Inflammatory Imbalances
- Detoxification and Biotransformational Imbalances (refers to the way in which the body handles products of metabolism, toxic elements, drugs, and other chemicals, and eliminates waste through the urine, stool, and sweat.)
- Mitochondrial Dysfunctions (addressing can increase the amount of energy available for use by cells and improve fatigue symptoms)
- Structural Imbalances (cellular dysfunction, musculoskeletal problems)
- Mind & Body Imbalances
- Sleep Disruption
Whether you symptoms or complicated medical conditions, you may be looking for avenues that can enhance your healing. You may be looking for complimentary or alternative avenues that will help you achieve and sustain optimal wellness.
When you schedule a Comprehensive Holistic Health Evaluation with one of our Holistic Family Nurse Practitioners, you begin a partnership that explores proven conventional and integrative approaches that restore your health and provide personalized choices in both conventional and mind-body-spirit medicine.
With decades of collective healing experience, our caring and talented practitioners approach your well-being uniquely and with a wide range of treatment options.
Our Holistic Practitioners goals are to assess your health based on function. They assess systems, rather than symptoms. They also assess trends towards disease rather than waiting until you develop something. Prevention is our primary goal. We help you build a new roadmap based on systems biology, function and causality.
NAET and Desensitization Therapies