Advanced Structural Health
(Joint, Muscle, and Soft Tissue)
Our muscles and joints bear a heavy burden. They connect the whole skeleton together and allow our bodies to move in all sorts of ways, so it’s common to feel pain and discomfort in any number of them, especially as we age.
While medication can temporarily ease the pain caused by achy joints, it won’t heal it. Pain medications simply mask the pain for a little bit, but they don’t do anything to help increase your overall function or health.
What Causes Joint, Muscle, or Soft-Tissue Pain?
The most common causes are:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Muscular strains
- Ligament sprains
- Old Injuries
- Surgeries that have created scar tissue
- The Most Common Pain Complaints
- Knee pain
- Shoulder pain
- Hip pain
- Low back pain
- How to Treat Joint, Muscle, and Soft-tissue Injuries
Ways to treat joint pain at home include:
- Ice: Apply ice to the affected area to relieve pain and swelling. Ice for 10-15 minutes several times a day.
- Heat: After a day or so, try a heating pad, infrared heat, or a heated rice pack to help with any muscle spasms. You can alternate heat and ice every 10 minutes to increase blood flow, which helps oxygenate the tissue, which can also help decrease spasms.
- Rest: Rest the affected area during the first day and avoid any activities that cause you pain. Keep in mind that after the initial inflammation goes away, you will need to strengthen that affected area through exercise.
- Supplements: You can also look into taking supplements that are helpful for inflammation. Some patients report improvement after taking supplements, and if taken properly, they pose little harm to your health.
Whatever your treatment plan, if the pain your becomes too intense or it suddenly becomes inflamed or swollen, get medical help right away. We hear many stories from our clients who have gone to the ends of the earth looking for solutions to their pain. At AHC, we offer multiple therapies that help Restore, Rebuild, and Relieve pain.
Lymphatic Massage Therapy
Sport Therapy with Muscle Activation
Structural Integration Massage Therapy
Therapeutic Massage Therapy
Soft-Tissue Restriction Release
Schedule An Appointment
We are committed to bringing you Holistic Health modalities designed to assist you in reviving, renewing, and resetting your mind, your body, your spirit, as well as your environment to recreate balance, harmony, and well-being.
Schedule your appointment by clicking here or calling 801-447-8680.